Only bins issued by the City of Gosnells are eligible for a collection service.
It is important you follow the bin placement guidelines below to ensure that the automatic grab arm on the collection truck is able to reach, lift and empty your bins.
Where to place your bins
- Place your bins on the verge with the wheels facing your property no more than 1m from the kerb.
- Bins must be on the verge by 6.00am on the day of your collection.
- Place your recycling bin 0.5m apart from your rubbish bin to allow clear access for the collection truck’s automatic grab arm.
- Ensure bins are not placed under a tree canopy, behind parked cars or too close to garage doors and letter boxes.
What not to place in your bins
Please do not place any of the following items in your bins as they have the potential to cause damage/fires in the collection truck which endangers the community and the waste collection operators:
- Hot ashes
- Bricks, tiles, building materials, sand, soil, concrete, rocks, asbestos
- Household hazardous waste including motor oil, flammable liquids, petrol, paints, acids, chemicals, poisons, car batteries, gas cylinders (see link below for Household hazardous waste)
- Car parts and tyres
- Household batteries (dry-cell) can be recycled at various locations (see link below)
- Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs) and tubes must not be disposed of in the general household waste and recycling bins. CFLs can be disposed of at the City’s Operations Centre.
For information about what materials can and cannot be recycled, please see our Waste and Recycling Guide. Your yellow top recycling bin is emptied fortnightly on the same day as your normal rubbish bin collection.
- Bins exceeding 50kg will not be lifted by the truck.
- Bins are not transferable and must remain on the property.
- Return bins to your property as soon as possible (no later than 24 hours after collection).
- Overfilling or jamming waste/recycling into your bin prevents the lid from closing. This results in wind-blown litter, spillages during collection and prevents your bin from being emptied properly.
- Put lawn clippings and small prunings on top of waste material in your rubbish bin to prevent jamming.