Any person/business planning to sell food from a temporary food stall or mobile food business in a public place within the City of Gosnells requires a Trading Permit.

The approval of a temporary food vendor is subject to compliance with the City’s Health Service Guideline for Construction and Conditions of Approval for Temporary Food at One (1) Day Functions.

Note: All food businesses must be registered by their local government authority unless they are an Exempted Food Business under the Food Regulations 2009.

Exempted Food Businesses – A Community or Charitable Organisation that is selling either low risk, shelf stable food (e.g. confectionary, soft drinks) or food which is thoroughly cooked onsite for immediate consumption (e.g. sausage sizzle).

Applying for a Permit

The Simplified Trading Partnership Permit (STPP) is for registered food businesses wanting to trade at approved events in the City of Gosnells, City of Canning and Town of Victoria Park. 

You can make an initial application online at any participating local government, you should apply for your permit through the Local Government that is hosting the first event you intend to trade at.

The Simplified Trading Partnership has an annual fee of $115. From 1 July each year, the fee will be required to be paid to the first Local Government that you make an application to. The permit will be valid for the duration of that financial year (expiring 30 June). 

If you have more than one vehicle you wish to have on your permit, you will be charged a fee of $57 for each additional vehicle. 

As a red-tape reduction strategy, in the 2023/24 financial year, you no longer need to submit a 'notification' to the City of Gosnells or other participating Local Governments (City of Canning and Town of Victoria Park) each time you are attending a different event. You can now simply start attending approved events within each Local Government once you have your annual permit, subject to the consent of the event organiser. 


  • Applications must be lodged at least 14 days prior to the event, or they may not be processed. 
  • All forms, supporting documentation and payments should be submitted at least 14 days prior to the required approval date.
  • Information on this application will be shared between local governments participating in the simplified trading permit partnership initiative.

Online Application Form:  Initial Simplified Trading Permit or Standard Trader Permit

In making this application, I agree that I will not commence the handling, sale or production of any food from the premises until such time that my permit has been approved and included all relevant supporting documentation and any other information or documentation requested by the Local Government Officers. I further declare that the information contained in this application is true and correct in every particular.