For many ratepayers, it is often easier and more budget friendly to pay your rates off over a period of time that suits your individual circumstances. To assist you and your budget you can pay your rates using the four instalment payment option or by a direct debit payment plan.
Four Instalments Payment Option
The four instalment plan allows you to smooth out your payments in four instalments. Certain conditions apply when choosing this option:
- The first instalment must be paid by the date specified on the Notice. Otherwise, this option is not available and rates must be paid in full.
- Council will charge an administration fee of $15 for this option plus interest of 3.0% per annum, added to all rates levied on ratepayers who are on four instalments (eligible pensioners/seniors excluded).
Four instalment dates:
- Friday 27 August 2021
- Friday 5 November 2021
- Friday 14 January 2022
- Friday 18 March 2022
Direct Debit Payment Plan
Rates may be paid on a weekly or fortnightly basis on Fridays if you would like to arrange for a direct debit plan with us.
Many ratepayers find the use of our Direct Debit Payment Plan easy and budget friendly, with the added flexibility of being tailor-made by you in accordance with your circumstances.
- Payment from your bank account only – no credit cards
- $15 annual administration fee
- Direct debit may be cancelled by us if there are more than 2 dishonours during the direct debit period
- Changes or cancellation of direct debits must be in writing via email to email@example.com or the online form on our website.
To request direct debit payments please use the related link below, or call Rates on 9397 3000.
Please read the Service Agreement carefully before you submit the form.
Please remember – our friendly staff are here to help you – we will endeavour to make the payment of your rates as easy and as budget friendly as possible.