For many ratepayers, it is often easier and more budget friendly to pay your rates off over a period of time that suits your individual circumstances.
To assist you and your budget you can pay your rates using the four instalment payment option or by a direct debit payment plan.
Four instalments payment option
The four instalment plan allows you to smooth out your payments in four instalments.
Certain conditions apply when choosing this option:
- The first instalment must be paid by the date specified on the Notice. Otherwise, this option is not available and rates must be paid in full.
- Council will charge an administration fee of $15 for this option plus interest of 3.0% per annum, added to all rates levied on ratepayers who are on four instalments (eligible pensioners/seniors excluded).
Four instalment dates:
- Friday 2 September 2022
- Friday 11 November 2022
- Friday 13 January 2023
- Friday 17 March 2023
Direct debit payment plan
Rates can be paid on a weekly or fortnightly basis, on Fridays.
Many ratepayers find the use of our Direct Debit Payment Plan easy and budget friendly, with the added flexibility of being tailor-made by you in accordance with your circumstances.
- Payment from your bank account only – no credit cards
- $15.50 annual administration fee
- Direct debit may be cancelled by us if there are more than 2 dishonours during the direct debit period
- Changes or cancellation of direct debits must be in writing via email to email@example.com or the online form
Setup a direct debit payment plan
Request direct debit payments online, or call Rates on 9397 3000.
Please read the Service Agreement carefully before you submit the form.
Please remember – our friendly staff are here to help you – we will endeavour to make the payment of your rates as easy and as budget friendly as possible.