The City encourages residents and visitors to help keep our environment clean and litter free. Littering is an offence under the Litter Act 1979 and the City's Rangers Services issue fines to offenders.
The illegal dumping of waste or littering in bushland or on road verges is an offence under the Litter Act 1979 with fines up to $1000. Rangers are able to investigate incidents of littering and/or illegal dumping where evidence of an offender is provided. Litter offences can be reported to Ranger Services on 9397 3000.
Help us keep our City tidy with these tips:
- Deposit litter in a bin.
- Report illegal littering to Ranger Services on 9397 3000.
- Ensure goods carried on trailers, utes and trucks are covered and properly secured.
- Report abandoned vehicles to Ranger Services on 9397 3000.
- Don't deposit commercial or domestic waste in public bins.
- Don't put residential bulk waste on your verge more than 10 days prior to collection.
- Don't remove shopping trolleys from shopping centre car parks.
- Don't let building waste affect your neighbours.
Visit the Keep Australia Beautiful website for more information about reducing littering or see the brochure below.
Abandoned shopping trolleys can cause vehicle damage and also make the streetscape look unsightly. Always return your shopping trolley to the shopping centre trolley bay.
If you see an abandoned shopping trolley contact Ranger Services on 9397 3000. Alternatively, if the trolley is from Target, Big W or Woolworths call Trolley Tracker on 1800 641 497.