Council supports planning changes
Extensive community feedback has helped the City of Gosnells finalise two important planning documents – the Local Planning Scheme 24 (LPS 24) and the Local Planning Strategy.
Council endorsed these two planning documents at its meeting on 23 February 2021.
The decision followed a six-month period of public consultation. The City received 183 submissions from landowners, residents and government agencies, prompting a number of changes in relation to higher density development around train stations and activity centres, and proposed zoning in the City’s Rural areas.
Council supported almost half of the 183 submissions received, either in part or in full – and this resulted in the adoption of many extra refinements to the draft Scheme.
The documents have now been submitted to the Western Australian Planning Commission for consideration, with a request that the Minister for Planning grant final approval of the LPS 24.
LPS 24 is expected to be finalised by the WAPC by mid 2023.
Local Planning Scheme No. 24
This Document sets out the way land is to be used and developed, classifies areas for land use and includes provisions to coordinate infrastructure and development within the City of Gosnells.
The draft Local Planning Scheme No. 24 (LPS 24) will replace Town Planning Scheme No. 6 (TPS 6). LPS 24 zones land and allows a coordinated approach to development in the City.
Local Planning Strategy
The Local Planning Strategy:
- recognises and incorporates social, economic and environmental changes occurring in the City of Gosnells,
- reflects and integrates the vision and directions of the community, particularly housing, transport and employment,
- is used to inform the City's Local Planning Scheme,
- outlines the City's intentions relating to planning matters to implement the Local Planning Scheme
Download: Local Planning Strategy
- Local Housing Strategy
- Foothills Rural Strategy
- Activity Centres Planning Strategy
- Heritage Strategy
- Public Open Space Strategy
- LPP 3.5 Infill Policy
- LPP 3.6 Structure Plans
- Rural Area Information Session 2 July 2020
- Review of the City of Gosnells Local Planning Scheme No. 6 April 2017
- WA Planning and Development (Local Planning Schemes) Regulations 2015