Reporting Suspected Fraud or Misconduct

The City of Gosnells does not tolerate corrupt or other improper conduct, including mismanagement of public resources, by its officers, employees and contractors.

Public Interest Disclosure Act 2003

The Public Interest Disclosure Act 2003 (PID Act) facilitates the disclosure of public interest information, and provides protection for those making disclosures and those who are the subject of disclosures. The PID Act requires public interest disclosures to be investigated and for appropriate action to be taken.

The City is committed to the aims and objectives of the PID Act. The PID Act recognises the value and importance of reporting as a means to identify and address wrongdoing.

We strongly support disclosures being made by employees about corrupt or other improper conduct. We also strongly support contractors and members of the community making disclosures about corrupt or improper conduct.

The PID Act makes it unlawful and the City does not tolerate any of its employees, contractors or subcontractors taking reprisal action against anyone who makes or proposes to make a public interest disclosure.

Employees and others are encouraged to contact the City’s PID Officers to seek guidance prior to making a disclosure. 

PID Officer Contacts

Manager Organisational Performance
Phone: 08 9397 3360
Coordinator Information Management Services
Phone: 08 9397 3295

Coordinator Human Resources
Phone: 08 9397 3361

Related Links

Public Sector Commission – Public Interest Disclosures
City of Gosnells Code of Conduct

Public Sector Commission (PSC)

Anyone can report any reasonable suspicion of minor misconduct involving a public officer to the PSC.

The PSC website provides useful information for people who are thinking about reporting misconduct. The PSC website provides information, resources and advice to maintain and promote integrity, conduct and ethics in the Western Australian government sector, including local government.

Before reporting allegations of misconduct, you may wish to speak with PSC's Integrity Advisory Service, on 08 6552 8888, about any questions you may have.

The PSC prefers to receive allegations electronically using the online form or via the downloadable form, which can be sent to:

Post:  Locked Bag 3002, WEST PERTH WA 6872

Corruption and Crime Commission (CCC)

Anyone can report suspected serious misconduct by Western Australian public officers to the CCC.  The CCC website provides information on what is corruption and how to make a report.

You are able to make an anonymous report of serious misconduct online, however anonymous reports are often difficult to assess.

CCC contact details