The Valuation of Land Act 1976 (as amended) Part IV sets out the manner in which objections and appeals may be instituted regarding valuations (GRV or UV).
To check the Gross Rental Value (GRV), divide the GRV (located on the Annual Rate Notice) by 52. This gives you the amount that the Valuer General believes is a realistic weekly rental for your property. The Unimproved Valuation (UV) is based on site value (i.e. what the land is worth).
If you query:
- the valuation: it must be made to the Valuer General’s Office (Landgate) within 60 days from the date of issue of your Annual Rate Notice.
- the rate book: it must be made within 42 days from the date of issue of your Annual Rate Notice to the CEO of the City of Gosnells.
- your rates: you must still pay the full amount while your objection is being reviewed.
If your rates are amended, an Interim Rate Notice will be sent to you, and, if required, a refund would be made.
- Online form: Objection to valuation form is now available on the Landgate website
- Valuations: www.landgate.wa.gov.au/valuations
- Landgate telephone: 9273 7373
- Section 6.76 of the Local Government Act 1995: provides the grounds on which, and the time and manner in which, an owner may object or appeal the Rate Book.