Works in a thoroughfare
Developers, contractors / utility authorities or any other individuals who intends to carry out works within the City's thoroughfare shall adhere to conditions and requirements specified below.
Thoroughfare shall mean a road or other thoroughfare and includes structures or other things appurtenant to the thoroughfare that are within its limits, and nothing is prevented from being a thoroughfare only because it is not open at each end.
Above includes but not limited to roads, footpaths and Public Access Ways within the road reserve which are under the management or control of the local government.
The City requires:
- submission of an online application and pay applicable fees to obtain Works in a Thoroughfare permit and endorsement of Traffic Management Plan.
- a minimum assessment time once an application is submitted of 10 working days
- compliance with specific conditions that are applicable within the City
- traffic management.
Uniform, safe and appropriate traffic management is required for all thoroughfare closures and some works in thoroughfare sites within the City.
All traffic management plans must be reviewed by the Traffic and Road Safety Team
Temporary thoroughfare closures
Any individual or organization that proposes to undertake works within a City of Gosnells’ road reserve that requires the whole or partial temporary closure of the thoroughfare must obtain prior approval from the City. Online application to be submitted as per the above.
Applications are required for all proposed works that will exceed 4 continuous hours and will result in an impediment to road users – including motorists, pedestrians, people with disabilities and cyclists – or result in delays exceeding 15 minutes to the road user.
Minimum assessment times once an application is submitted:
- a minimum of 3 weeks for closures less than 4 weeks
- a minimum of 6 weeks for closures more than 4 weeks
Please also refer to the relevant Information sheet, the ‘Conditions for construction works in a thoroughfare’ and be aware that a Traffic management plan assessment may be required.
Application forms and conditions
- Works in a Thoroughfare permit and Traffic Management Plan assessment application form
- Condition for Construction Works in a Thoroughfare
- Closure of a thoroughfare - less than 4 weeks - information sheet
- Closure of a thoroughfare - greater than 4 weeks - information sheet
- Procedure Manual - Traffic Management for Works in Thoroughfares
- Traffic Management for Works in Thoroughfares - Administrative Protocol
- Traffic Management Plan - Authorisation Checklist