The City’s Health Service enforces the Environmental Protection (Noise) Regulations 1997 which deal with “unreasonable” noise. Environmental Health Officers can investigate complaints from residents with regard to noise sources such as:

  • Stereo noise
  • Construction noise
  • Musical instruments
  • Equipment used on residential properties e.g lawn mowers, power tools
  • Air conditioners
  • Commercial and industrial noise
  • Security alarms.

If a neighbouring property is creating a noise nuisance, the City firstly encourages residents to raise their concerns with the respective property if they feel comfortable doing so. If the noise matter persists, contact the City on 9397 3000 for assistance.

If you are troubled by noise after hours or by anti-social behaviour please contact the WA Police on 131 444.