Community health

Skin Penetration Establishments

If you are thinking about setting up a new skin penetration premises you are required to submit an application and plans with the required fee to the City’s Health Service.

Hairdressing Establishments

It is a hairdressing premises operator’s responsibility to comply with the ‘Draft Public health guideline for the hairdressing and barber industry’ and the Hairdressing Establishment Regulations 1972.

Food safety

Information on food premises, vehicles, sampling, poisoning, complaints and safety programs.

Stallholder’s and Trader’s Permits

If you require a permit you must submit a stallholder’s or trader’s application form to the City’s Health Service.


Information on noise control, pollution control and nuisance matters.

Safe water

Information on public swimming pool and spa safety, safe drinking water and relative legistation.


Information about mosquitoes, midge control, rodents and other pests.

Effluent Disposal

Information on onsite effluent disposal and industrial waste water disposal.

Forms and Guidelines

Information sheets relating to Nuisance, Liquor and Gaming, Food Premises and Vehicles, Noise, Onsite Effluent Disposal, Public Buildings, Caravan Parks and Camping Grounds,


The City no longer operate immunisation clinics. To find out where your local immunisation clinics are now being held please visit the Department of Health website.

Public Buildings and Accommodation

To prevent health and safety risks and enhance the built environment the City’s Health Service monitor the maintenance of housing, public building and accommodation.

Alcohol Action Plan

The City of Gosnells has worked with the Cities of Armadale and Canning to develop a comprehensive Alcohol Action Plan for these communities.