Residential green waste verge collection guidelines
Each financial year, the City provides three residential bulk verge collections. These consist of one general junk collection and two green waste collections.
Find your waste collection dates using the online search tool.
- Place green waste on the verge of your property no earlier than 7 days prior to your collection date.
- Do not include plastic, metal, chicken wire, household waste or bagged or boxed green waste as it is not accepted at the processing facility.
- Do not prune verge trees. To request verge tree pruning please contact the City on 9397 3000.
If the green waste set out for collection doesn’t comply, it won’t be collected. You must remove it within 7 days or you may be fined.
We will collect:
- Tree and shrub prunings in pieces cut up to 1.5m in length and up to 30cm in diameter
- Palm trunks in pieces cut up to 30cm.
We will not collect:
- Bags, boxes or loose leaf litter or lawn clippings (please place in your grey rubbish bin for collection)
- Treated or stained timber
- Prunings more than 1.5m in length or more than 30cm in diameter
- Weed and root material, including dug-out lawn
- Sand and soil material
- General rubbish, metal, timber, junk or whitegoods (the City provides a separate residential general junk verge collection service)
- Mixed piles of junk and green waste
- Green waste from commercial properties.
We encourage you to get involved in green waste collections.
Littering or illegal dumping penalties apply for:
- early placement of green waste on verges
- failure to comply with collection guidelines