The City maintains a fully trained and equipped Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade, made up of approximately 60 members who perform both active fire fighting and support activities.
The Bush Fire Brigade performs a variety of tasks including:
- Conducting planned fire hazard reduction burns.
- Responding to fires and other emergency incidents within and outside of the City of Gosnells.
- School and community group visits (on request).
- Community awareness and public education programs.
- Training and equipment maintenance.
The Brigade is currently equipped with:
- Two Light Tankers (4x4 Landcruiser carrying approximately 550 Litres of water)
- One 3.4 Urban appliance (Isuzu FTS8000 4x4 truck carrying approximately 3,000 litres of water)
- One 12.2 Bulk Water Tanker (Isuzu FVZ 1400 truck carrying 12,000 litres of water).
The Bush Fire Brigade membership booklet provides details and frequently asked questions about volunteering with the Brigade.
Further information about the Gosnells Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade and volunteering: