You are invited to contribute towards the planting of a tree in the City's Community Forest, an exciting new project being developed at John Okey Davis Park in Gosnells. The Community Forest will be a living legacy to be enjoyed by current and future generations and a place for the community to relax and reflect. When you contribute towards a tree and that tree is planted, a dedication will be added to the Community Forest display in the name of your choice.
Places are limited.
There are many reasons to sponsor a tree. You might want to give it as a gift or to celebrate a milestone, you could also honour a community group, school or local business or create a memorial for a loved one. It's a great opportunity to support your local environment and help make Gosnells 'green'.
The tree you sponsor will be a large native species chosen by our tree experts to suit the local environment. The tree will be a significant size, approximately 2-3 metres tall, when purchased.
The cost of contributing to a tree is $300 and includes a commemorative certificate with the unique ID for your tree as well as the name of your dedication on display at the Community Forest. Payments can be made online by following the link below, under Online Payment.
Applications for the first round of planting in the Community Forest in August 2023 are closed.
Applications are open year round. However, places are limited. If the quota is filled, applications for the upcoming winter planting season will be closed and all subsequent applications will be planted the following winter. This page will be updated to reflect which round of planting is available.
If you sponsor a tree after 31 July 2023, your tree will join the Community Forest in the second round of planting in Winter 2024.
You will receive immediate confirmation of your purchase via email. However, commemorative certificates will not be sent out until the tree has been planted. It is imperative that you update us if your contact details change. Further details, such as the specific planting date or tree species, for round two of planting in the Community Forest will be provided to all customer who have sponsored a tree, closer to the planting date in winter 2024.
Any trees sponsored after May 2024 (if not sold out sooner) will be planted in winter 2025.
|Applications open for tree sponsorship
|1 August 2023 - 31 May 2024 (if not sold out)
|Round two planting details emailed to customers
|June - August 2024
|Commemorative certificates posted to customers
|Following tree planting
Please use this link to apply for a tree in the Community Forest.
Terms and Conditions
There are a few things you need to be aware of in advance:
- The City retains ownership of the tree and will be responsible for maintaining it.
- Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that all trees will thrive. If any trees fail to establish, they will be replaced by the City at no additional cost to the customer, though this may occur the following year (when it is the optimum time for tree planting).
- The City has the option to refuse a dedication name or message if it is not considered appropriate.
- You must check the spelling of the dedication name, it will be printed as it has been provided.
- To ensure there is enough space on the dedication display, please try to limit the number of characters for the dedication name. If the name is too long for the display, you will be contacted by the City to discuss amendments.
- If you want to add a personalised message to the certificate, please limit this to 100 characters, including spaces.
- If you would like to remain anonymous, please write "anonymous" in the dedication field. You will not receive a certificate and no name will be placed on the dedication, but you will receive a confirmation of payment via email.
- If you check-out as a guest, the City will not have access to your personal data.
- Cancellations or refunds for change of mind cannot be accepted after 31 July 2023 for round one. Cancellations or refunds for change of mind cannot be accepted after 31 May 2024 for round two.