National economic indicators – how do we rate?
The National Economic Indicators Series provide a snapshot of each local government economy, showing how it is performing in relation to other areas.
Some of the points that emerge for the City of Gosnells are:
- we have a smaller proportion of seniors than our neighbouring LGAs
- more than one in five of us speaks a language other than English at home (in the City of Canning the proportion is even higher)
- we earn more than our neighbours in the City of Armadale, but not as much as those in the City of Canning
- on a generalised measure of disadvantage, we are marginally above the notional median figure of 1000, but we’re moving in the right direction.
- almost 40% of us changed address in the last five years