The economy of the City area is a six-and-a-half billion-dollar enterprise, with more than 23,000 businesses.
The Economic Profile provides data for a range of areas, including:
- how our economy is performing;
- how our economy is structured;
- the number and location of employers;
- the value of output of our industry sectors;
- who are our residents, and
- who is the labour force.
For comprehensive details on the City’s economy, businesses and industry sectors, view the City’s Economic Profile below.
Economic Development e-newsletter
The City's Economic Development team produces a very concise e-newsletter that provides news of local business events and up-to-the-minute local economic data. The Economic Development e-newsletter is free of charge and appears approximately monthly. To subscribe to the City’s free Economic Development e-newsletter see the link below.