Just for Clubs Program
The City of Gosnells' new Just for Clubs Program offers free training, mentoring and networking events for local sports clubs and community groups.
1. One to one Mentoring
Does your committee need specialised support with your strategic plan, volunteer recruitment or getting more members?
Five clubs/groups will be chosen to receive hands on support from a club development expert. The consultant will create an action plan with your committee to tackle some of the challenges your group may be facing.
- Your Club – governance, management, planning and finances
- Your Culture – values, how the club/group is viewed in the community, internal and external relationships and leadership
- Your People – attraction, retention and development of volunteers, succession arrangements and sharing the volunteering load
2. Volunteer Webinars
All clubs and community groups in Gosnells through Sports Community have FREE access to a series of webinars this year, with topics ranging from social media and communication strategies, fundraising, child safety and strategies to keep teenagers involved in sport.
Step 1 - Click on the webinar you wish to attend below
Step 2 - To register for the webinar series enter the discount code CLUBSUPPORT during the checkout process and tick City of Gosnells when asked who have you been referred by
All webinars are held live from 5pm - 6pm (7pm - 8pm AEST/AED time). Can’t make it live? A replay of the webinar will be sent to all registrants after the event to watch in your own time.
3. Networking Events
The City will hold two networking events per year that will:
- Assist clubs and groups to make valuable connections
- Showcase support services available from the City and other community organisations
- Provide a platform to share ideas and examples of best practice
4. Club Resources
Club Spot - City of Gosnells Clubs and Community Groups can sign up for free!
Check out the online training hub with training videos, podcasts, checklists, templates, fundraising tips, sponsorship ideas, compliance reminders and more by simply registering your club to access all these resources.
You will get access to hundreds of resources to become the best volunteer you can be including online video training, templates, checklists and position descriptions.
Sport Australia’s Game Plan is a digital platform designed to provide sporting clubs of all sizes with insights into their current capability and connect them with specific tools and resources to build and support ongoing development. it is designed to:
- Assess a club’s capability and performance at a time relevant to them.
- Identify areas for improvement.
- Provide access to relevant resources to support club development.
- Inform the direction and priority of activities and investment to build capability.
The Every Club Hub provides resources, guides, training opportunities and information for clubs and community groups to improve their organisation, make life easier, and support their volunteers and members.
For more information about the Just for Clubs program contact the Community Development Team on 9391 6022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The State Government through the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries is a major supporter of the City of Gosnells. Sport and recreation builds stronger, healthier, happier and safer communities.