Maddington is poised to grow into a regional servicing centre that is easily accessed via the Albany, Roe and Tonkin Highways, only 15-20 minutes by rail from Perth City. Employment, education and recreational opportunities will make Maddington Town Centre a dynamic urban environment with diverse possibilities.
It will have attractive places and streetscapes that offer amenity, security and interest to the community at all hours.
- Redevelopment of the train station and the adjoining publicly owned land provides major opportunity to create a dynamic, high quality urban core .
- Attractive public spaces and improved streetscapes will be achieved through: a coordinated approach to street design, paving, landscaping, furniture and lighting provision; a public art strategy that builds upon the identity of place; and townscape improvements that reinforce a strong sense of local identity and amenity
- LPP 5.10 Maddington and Gosnells Activity Centre provides design guidance for new town centre style development.
- A multifaceted program of community, economic and urban regeneration initiatives has supported sustainable growth in Maddington and Kenwick.
- Kenwick and Maddington Heritage trail provides a self-guided tour of the area's cultural and natural heritage.