Some of the best young bands and solo artists in the City of Gosnells have been named as finalists for the 2022 Gozzy Rock presents Underground Sounds competition.
Five finalists will perform in front of a live audience at The Underground youth centre on Saturday 22 October, for a chance to share in over $3,000 in music vouchers:
- Horses in Hospital – Punk-rock band of seven high-school friends
- Anika Louise – Acoustic country-pop and indie-folk singer/songwriter
- Ari-Lou – Indie-folk singer/songwriter
- Sienna Patterson - Musical duo performing the song Travelin’ Soldier and live covers
- Skye Colcott – Contemporary singer/songwriter with musical theatre experience
Mayor Terresa Lynes said the City was committed to supporting and providing opportunities for young people to achieve their goals.
“We have so many talented young people in our community and Gozzy Rock has been unearthing great bands and solo artists for over 30 years,” she said.
“The quality of entries this year made it very difficult for the judges to choose and I’m looking forward to seeing these artists perform in front of a crowd at the finals next month.
“I encourage the community to come along to support these emerging musicians.”
The Gozzy Rock presents Underground Sounds final will take place on Saturday 22 October at The Underground youth centre, 2 Holmes Street, Southern River, from 4pm to 9pm.
Click here to purchase tickets to Gozzy Rock presents Underground Sounds or call 9397 3000.