What are Competition Sponsorships?
Competition Sponsorship supports individuals who have achieved State or National selection in their chosen field.
individuals can apply for one representation per financial year and sponsorship applications are accepted at any time throughout the year.
Am I eligible?
- Applicants must reside in or be a rate payer of the City of Gosnells.
- Applicants must have been selected to represent Western Australia or Australia by a recognised State, National or International organisation.
- Applicants must provide a selection letter from the organisation they are representing.
- Click here for a downloadable selection letter template your governing/peak body can use (letters from your club will not be accepted).
- Where no relevant State, National or International organisation exists, a clear selection process at State, National or International level must be demonstrated.
Sponsorship is not awarded to:
- Applicants who have already received sponsorship in the financial year.
- Applicants who have been self-selected to attend competitions or similar.
- Applicants from a team that is not recognised by a governing/peak body - For example club or school representative teams.
You can review the Community Funding guidelines here for more information.
How much can I receive?
Competition Sponsorships are awarded in the following three categories:
- State competition/event
Successful applicants will receive $150 to represent either the state or country at a competition/event held anywhere in Western Australia.
- National competition/event
Successful applicants will receive $200 to represent either the state or country at a competition/event held anywhere in Australia, (excluding Western Australia).
- International competition/event
Successful applicants will receive $250 to represent either the state or country at a competition/event held overseas.
Sponsorship is not just for sport
The City supports individuals in their chosen field such as arts and culture, educational and music. For example the City has supported applicants who have represented Western Australia and/or Australia at International Music Festivals, Educational Tours and Cultural exchanges.
For more information please contact the Community Development and Safety team on 9397 6022 or via email.