The community facility design has been awarded a 6 Star Green Star rating for the Design and the Construction. This is a comprehensive approach that is recognised as World’s Best Practice in design and construction focusing on environmental sustainability.
New community facility features:
- A new community hall and function centre with commercial kitchen capable of seating 300 people
- Two new meeting rooms with tea preparation areas that can be combined into one larger space
- Two multi-purpose activity spaces
- Indoor play space suitable for playgroups and children’s parties
- Café with outdoor seating area
- Clubroom and kitchen for sporting groups
- Six new change rooms
- Two umpires rooms
- Public toilets
- Office space for City staff.