These awards are one component of the City’s History and Heritage Strategy, with the aim of involving the community in producing and promoting the history and heritage of the City. The Awards are open to individuals, groups, or organisations.
Nominations and entries may be submitted at any time with the winners being announced every two years. The next round closes in October 2020 with winners of each award to receive a cash prize and a framed certificate, to be presented at the City’s Australia Day Awards in January 2021.
Entries to the History Award will record the history of the City, its people, places and activities through one of the following means:
- Short story - life in a suburb in the City of Gosnells, pre year 2000, eg fondest memory. Up to one page with a photo.
- Photographic history - five to 15 photos that tell a story on a theme eg family, sporting or social club, community group, street or house, natural environment.
- Audio history - interview with a person talking about something historic in the City eg family, sporting or social club, community group, street or house, natural environment.
- Published history - book, article or website published within last two years prior to the closing of the History Award.
- Children’s category - entry on any topic, in any form, by a child aged 16 years or younger.
The Entry form, including conditions of entry for the History Award is available to download via the Related Link below.
This award demonstrates the City’s recognition of community members who value the City’s heritage places. Entries to the Heritage Award will recognise work undertaken on the City’s heritage places through:
- Heritage best practice in maintenance, sympathetic development, restoration, conservation and/or interpretation of a place listed in the City of Gosnells Heritage Inventory 2016.
The Entry form, including conditions of entry for the Heritage Award is available to download via the Related Link below.
For more information about the Awards, contact the Coordinator Heritage on 9391 6011.