For many ratepayers, it is often easier and more budget friendly to pay your rates off over a period of time that suits your individual circumstances. To assist you and your budget you can pay your rates using the four instalment payment option or by a direct debit payment plan.
Four Instalments Payment Option
Paying by instalments can help to smooth out your payments.
The four instalment plan allows payment of rates in four instalments. Certain conditions apply when choosing this option:
- The first instalment must be paid by the date specified on the Notice. Otherwise, this option is not available and rates must be paid in full. If this occurs, penalty interest of 11% pa on rates and charges will apply daily as long as the rates remain unpaid (eligible pensioners/seniors excluded).
- Council will charge an administration fee of $13.50 for this option plus interest of 5.5% per annum, added to all rates levied on ratepayers who are on four instalments (eligible pensioners/seniors excluded).
Direct Debit Payment Plan
Rates may be paid on a weekly or fortnightly basis on Fridays if you would like to arrange for a direct debit plan with us.
Many ratepayers find the use of our Direct Debit Payment Plan easy and budget friendly, with the added flexibility of being tailor-made by you in accordance with your circumstances.
- An administration fee of $13.50 per annum applies
- Payment from your bank account only – no credit cards
- Late payment interest will still accrue until rates are paid in full
- Direct debit may be cancelled by us if there are more than 3 dishonours during the direct debit period
- Changes or cancellation of direct debits must be in writing or email
To request direct debit payments please use the related link below, or call Rates on 9397 3000.
Please read the Terms and Conditions and Agreement carefully before you submit the form.
Please remember – our friendly staff are here to help you – we will endeavour to make the payment of your rates as easy and as budget friendly as possible.