Boy taking out rubbish bin

Frequently asked questions

Where can I dispose of Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)?

Household Hazardous Waste includes motor oil, flammable liquids, petrol, paints, acids, chemicals, poisons and gas cylinders.

You can safely dispose of domestic quantities of HHW at the Canning Waste Transfer Station or the Armadale Landfill and Recycling Facility, It is free of charge to take a combined maximum total of 20 kg / 20 L to either of these waste facilities. For more information visit the WasteNet website.

For a copy of the HHW Program Information Flyer, click here.

Are tip passes available for residents?

The City does not offer or issue tip passes. For alternative waste disposal sites click here or visit recycling near you. Users of facilities on these sites pay for disposal costs.

What happens to my green waste?

On average 5,000 tonnes of green waste is taken to a processing facility where it is turned into important resources, such as soil conditioner and horticultural products.

These are used in preventing soil erosion and increasing water retention in parks, gardens and landscaped areas.

For this reason, the processing facility will not accept any contaminated green waste. 

Will I receive residential bulk waste verge collection flyers?

No, the City does not deliver flyers for the general junk or green waste verge collections for residential properties. Use the link below to find your waste collection dates.

Who do I report a damaged or stolen bin to?

Rubbish and recycling bins damaged or stolen can be reported using the link below.

Who do I order a rubbish or recycling bin?

For more information about new or replacement bins, use the link below.

My general rubbish or recycling bin was not emptied

Use the links below to find out what to do if your bin has not been emptied.

How do I report illegal rubbish dumping?

You can help to reduce litter by becoming a Keep Australia Beautiful WA Litter Reporter. There are currently 10,000 WA Litter Reporters. If you see someone littering, you can report the offence online or via an Apple or Android app.

To register, and for more information visit Keep Australia Beautiful website

Did you find this page helpful ?

Please type the code in the box below: