Leisure World's award winning Swim School has been established since December 1993 and caters for the whole family from infants through to grandparents and every age in between.
Our Swim School is registered with Swim Australia and all teachers hold current industry qualifications. All staff have police clearance and observe a Code of Conduct. A Working With Children Check is also part of the process for teaching at Leisure World Swim School.
Intensive 5 day program during October School Holidays and 9/10 day program during January school holidays. Classes cater for children as young as 3 years.
Please access Swim School Holiday Program information in Related Links below.
For information regarding term fees and availability you can either come in or call the Swim School Office between the hours of 8.30am and 6pm Monday to Friday or Saturday 8am to Noon during school terms on 9251 8700.
View our Swim School brochure in Related Links below.
Enrolments for January 2017 Holiday Program now open.
Enrolments for 2017 now open.
If your child is new to lessons or if you are unsure about your child's grade, we recommend an appointment with our staff to discuss your child’s capabilities and receive a free skills assessment – we will then match you perfectly to our program. Bookings essential.
For more information on classes please see Swim School Brochure below.
Infants and Toddlers
- Squiddys 1 (5 to 11 months)
- Squiddys 2 (11 to 18 months)
- Squiddys 3 (18 to 24 months)
- Jellyfish 1 (24 to 30 months)
- Jellyfish 2 (30 to 36 months)
- Jellyfish 3 (36 to 48 months)
Aqua Antics (A Perceptual Motor Program adapted to the Aquatic Environment)
- Aqua Antics - Pre School (3 years 2 months to 5 years)
Kindygems (Independent 3 year olds, assessment required)
- Kindygems 1 (3 years 2 months to 4 years)
- Kindygems 2 (must be competent in Kgems 1)
Pre School Classes (4 - 5 year olds)
- Pre School Level 1 (For non confident children who have had no previous aquatic experience.)
- Pre School Level 2 (For more confident children who can submerge and float.)
- Pre School Level 3 (These children are able to swim freestyle and ready to learn to breathe and blow )
- Preliminary 1, 2 and 3
- Elementary 1, 2 and 3
- Primary 1, 2 and 3
- Stages 10-11-12
- Stages 13-14-15
- Beginners (No previous experience)
- Intermediates (Requiring stroke correction and learning new skills)
Fitness training gives all swimmers the opportunity to continue swimming at a level suitable for their needs.
The fitness program is overseen by qualified staff and caters for junior swim fitness through to senior recreational programs. After an initial assessment by one of the staff, a recommendation will be made on which group would be a suitable level to join.
Junior advanced swim fit – skills, drills and fitness training
Intermediate swim fit – recreational and high school fitness training
Seniors/Adults swim fit – recreational and fitness training.
Access and inclusion
Individual or group swimming lessons are available for children and adults living with a disability. Speak with one of our Swim School supervisors to discuss placement, as classes are limited. Cost of lessons can be invoiced to third party billers.
Suitable for: Teenagers, Adults, Infants, Children,